Friday, May 8, 2015

7th Grade eBook


I've been using this app to make my own interactive ebook and found that is was easy to use. I'm not a coder but I would like to make my illustrations into an interactive book. While playing with the app I thought it would be a great thing for the students to try too. Demibooks is very pro school and is eager to get more schools using their product in classrooms. 
So this is what I tried. This time around I decided to have the students research in computer class and produce the art for a page each in art class. Then I scanned the art added it to the book using Composer. The topic of the book is "Famous Artist". Each student got an artist and a piece of work by the artist to research.


At the bottom of the worksheet was an example of the layout of the pages. The student got reference pictures to make their own version of the work of art and a portrait of the artist. Last they had to figure out what part of the page will be interactive.


Here Matt did his version of "The Storm on the Sea of Galilee". Then he decided to have some of the men appear in the water when the reader touches the screen. This app is only for the iPad.
The students had to plan ahead and make all the interactive part separately.



Here is the layout for Shea's page.


I hope to get the book available for viewing soon. I'll post the progress. Check back.